Patience During Trying Times: I Am A Work In Progress

Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God, through our Lord Jesus Christ: 2. By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3. And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also; knowing that tribulation worketh patience; 4. And patience, experience; and experience, hope: 5. And hope maketh not ashamed: because the love of God is shed abroad in our hearts by the Holy Ghost which is given unto us. Romans 5:1-5 
Sixteen days after surgery I was back at the surgeon's office today. Temporary splint on my foot in the picture below was taken off and surgical sutures were removed. I was told that the wound had healed and looked good.

This new Sky Blue fiberglass cast was put on. It's much more cheerful looking and seems somewhat lighter than the other and those are good things. There will be no walking with this cast either. It will be coming off in four weeks and yet another will go on for another four weeks and still no walking. The thought of the long weeks ahead can be disheartening. I am so very impatient.

I am not patient with myself and so I asked God early in this process to grant me patience to get through this time. Still, I have been impatient and downright irritable at times. 

Having this unexpected event has given me time to ponder and to appreciate the blessings of mobility and independence I have so often carelessly taken for granted. There are those of all ages and for many different reasons who have not and may never have these abilities. My temporary condition will not last.This is a very humbling thing for me to consider. Thanks to God for giving me this unexpected time.

He answers our prayers in His own way and on His timeline--not our own. He is the Great Teacher and I am still a work in progress. He is teaching me how to be patient, even though I am exasperatingly slow sometimes to catch on. I'm not there yet, but I am still learning. Yes, there is truly glory in this tribulation and it is working patience and that patience is giving me experience and experience is giving me hope. 
Thank you God for bringing forth patience out of my tribulation, that I might gain experience and, with that experience, know that only from you comes hope and faith. Amen.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

More From Biltmore House and Gardens Fashionable Romance Wedding Gowns in Film Collection

How to Make and Use a Stencil Using Cricut Expression

Costumes From' "Fashionable Romance Wedding Gowns in Film Exhibition" at Biltmore House