Liebster Award-I've Been Nominated

Earlier this month, I was surprised, happy and honored to be nominated by two fellow bloggers for something known as a Liebster Award. From what research I have done on this blog award I find that the first stipulation is that the blog nominee must have fewer than 200 followers(like me). It is mainly a method, passed on from one blogger to another, for the intent of helping to create  interaction with other bloggers. At least, this is how I interpret it. However, this interpretation might be a little loose and not necessarily accurate. Being a blogger has allowed me to meet some wonderful, interesting and talented people from around the world. I so love meeting new people! It serves to remind me that though we are each wonderfully different, we can all find common ground when we share some of the things that make us who we are.

The first person to nominate me was the wonderfully talented Maria Nazareth of Maria's Creations at http://mscreations27.blogspot.com. This sweet lady makes some of the most intricate and beautifully colorful crochet projects I have ever seen. She uses mostly cotton threads and so her work is very intricately worked. Her fingers must move at the speed of lightning, because she turns out one beautiful creation after another. It always brightens my day to visit Maria's blog to see what she has been up to. She also uses her talents to turn out some pretty applique and embroidery pieces.

The second blogger to nominate me was the hilariously funny and fabulously talented Christine Graves. The name of her blog is Rustic & Refined and you can find her at http:\\cgtablescapes.blogspot.com. She is all about decorating and is especially talented at creating tablescapes in beautiful ways. The name of her blog describes her style pretty well, because she can mix those two elements up to make a table look terrific. I wish I could just whip things together and make them look as good as she does.

Okay, now another part of this nomination requires that I nominate some other great bloggers for this award. I have seen different numbers, so I am not really certain how many I'm supposed to list in this post. I visit many wonderful blogs, some of which already have been awarded the Liebster. Some have been around for a long time and I have been reading and/or following by email for years before I started my own blog. I think I should list some blogs that I read regularly and follow. I feel I have developed a little insight as to the personalities and interests of the authors of these blogs. In light of the fact that each blog must have fewer than 200 followers, I will take the liberty of "winging" it and will nominate just a few. I can honestly say that I recommend you visit these blogs and think you will not be dissapointed.

1. The lovely and funny Cheryl at A Nest on Feather Lane. She has a wonderful and fun-loving                    personality. She obviously loves her family as much as I do and her writing is heart-felt and beautiful.

2. The fabulously talented Erika at Das Blaue Haus at www.dasblauehaus.blogspot.com. Her creations are totally unique and are truly one-of-a kind. It is evident that she is passionate about her art.

3. The awe-inspiring Eusebia at Funkelgluck! at funkelglueck.blogspot.com. She creates wonderful whispy wool angels and dolls, among other things.

Between the two bloggers who nominated me, there were a total of 17 questions that I was to answer about myself. Well, once again, I am taking some liberty. This time, I think I am going to stick with that magic number and answer 11 questions. Believe me folks, you do not want to know that much about me. You know, TMI. Here are eleven questions asked of me:

  1. Which is your favorite movie?                                                                                                                                                                    Honestly, I love all the old classics, particularly romances and some comedies.  I do like some of the modern romance/mystery type movies,and this is my opinion and some of you will probably disagree, but actors just don't seem to have the serious talent that used to come out of Hollywood. The bars seems to have been lowered over the years. 
  2. Do you like traveling?                                                                                                        Yes, very much!
  3. My favorite place in the world?                                                                                         Traveling is wonderful, but home is my favorite place. That is where the people I love most are.
  4. What made you start blogging?                                                                                           As I stated earlier in this post, I love meeting people. I adore traveling and blogging is a great way to meet people from other places. Blogging is sort of like traveling to exotic places and meeting the people who live in those places, vicariously, that is. Oh, and I enjoy the written word, both writing, myself, and reading the things others write about!
  5. With regards to new bloggers that you come across, what is one thing you wish they WOULDN'T do?                                                                                                            This might offend some bloggers, both new and old but, since you asked, it is what I feel. This probably doesn't pertain to only new bloggers, but I abhor vulgar language and profanity, so that is a real turn-off for me. It is my belief that if a person uses this type of language, it is because they want to either shock others in order to get attention or they possess a very limited vocabulary. I don't usually visit a blog like that a second time.
  6. What does your "me" time look like?                                                                                 Lately, it has involved a lot of blogging, but I am usually working on some project or another.
  7. What is the one thing that you like about yourself?                                                                  I have a positive attitude most of the time.
  8. If you could be doing anything in five years, what would it be?                                              I would be talking with my sweet son-in-law, who is battling Stage IV kidney cancer and I pray he will be here. He is a ray of sunshine in my life and the lives of many others and always has been.
  9. If you could see more posts on one subject, what would it be?                                              Old European homes and gardens.
  10. Do you like animals?                                                                                                             I do like animals very much, though I do not currently have any pets.
  11. How did you come up with your blog name?                                                                         I have five grandchildren and they call me "Mimi." The "Mine" refers to the fact that my heart is theirs, they own it, totally. Therefore, Mimi Mine. For those of you who have grandchildren, you will totally understand!                                             

Now for the questions for the bloggers I nominated. I am only going to ask six.

  1. Who is your favorite author?
  2. If you listen to music, what is your favorite type of music?
  3. Do you like antiques?
  4. Would you rather live in the country or in the city?
  5. Do you like the seashore?
  6. Do you enjoy collecting, if so, would you care to share what you collect?             


  I hope you will visit these blogs I have nominated. I think you will enjoy your visit!                                                                                    

Comments

NanaDiana said…
I love seeing all your answers here, Lynn. I did several of those when I was a newer blogger and it really lets people get to know you. I am so sorry to hear about your son-in-law. I just lost my brother to almost the same thing. It is heartbreaking and all you can do is pray and feel helpless. I will be praying for him and all of you- xo Diana
Congrats to you!!! You so deserve this award!!! I enjoyed learning more about you through this post! I too love all of the old classics! I will be adding your son-in-law to my prayers. Have a lovely Easter Lynn!
Unknown said…
Thanks Lyn for all the good things you have said about me
i shall keep your son in law in my prayers Prayers work wonders
Have a lovely Easter
lots of love
Maria
lynn cockrell said…
Diana, thanks so much for your sweet comments and for praying for us. We need all the prayer we can get. Cancer, in all its terrible forms, is a horrible. Kidney cancer is so hard to deal with because not much is known to work against it. I'm sorry to hear about your dear brother and I know what a terrible loss it must be for your family. I lost my sweet brother in October to AMS, which is a form of leukemia and another that is hard to deal with. Cancer has been the disease that seems to plague my family and I pray for a cure for all very soon.Thanks again for stopping by, Diana, and for leaving your uplifting comments and, most of all, for your prayers.
lynn cockrell said…
We covet your prayers, Niclole. He is putting up a great fight. Their youngest child is five)the one pictured with my grands in the Minnie Mouse shirt)and the 2 boys belong to them also. Our family has been devastated and our hearts torn out by cancer in all its horror. Thanks for sticking with my little blog and for leaving your encouraging comments. Have a beautiful Easter with your "bean-sprouts" and all your family!
lynn cockrell said…
You are inspiring, Maria, and I am grateful to you for following my little blog. Prayers really do work wonders and it is good to know that God is with us in all things. Have a beautiful Easter with your sweet family.
I loved ready your answers and getting to know you better. Thanks so much for your visits and your gracious comments, I really appreciate them. I am a follower now. I do hope you have a very Blessed and Happy Easter. Hugs, Marty
I'm not surprised that you were given the award because you are one of the nicest bloggers I have had the pleasure to know. You have been so generous with your sweet comments not only to me but other bloggers as well. Your grandchildren are fortunate to have a Mimi like you. I suppose holidays are not so happy for you right now but I hope Easter Sunday brings some peace to you. Shannon
lynn cockrell said…
Marty, thanks so much for coming by and for signing up to follow me. Being a new blogger, I really appreciate your always sweet and helpful comments. It is always a pleasure reading your blog, as you always have something interesting, informative and often uplifting to look at and read about. Thanks again for inspiring me and may God bless you!
lynn cockrell said…
I'm so glad you came by, Shannon, and thank you for leaving such sweet comments. You have such a lovely blog and your decor ideas always provide so much inspiration and such wonderful ideas for your readers. It is a good place to go for some very good recipes, as well. The comment you made about my grandchildren being blessed is so sweet, but I am the one who is truly blessed because they give me so much love. We are fortunate that they all live within a few minutes drive and so both families were here for Easter yesterday, along with my sweet sister-in-law and her precious little grandson. After dinner, we hid 134 plastic eggs, many of which had little prizes in them(courtesy of the oldest of my 2 daughters).
We all had great fun. We treasure the times we spend together now, more than every before, because nothing is taken for granted.It has not been easy for any of us, especially Jimmy, but he never complains.God is so good to have given him to me for a "son" and that He has blessed us all with these precious moments to cherish. I hope you have a wonderful week!
Lynn, it was so fun to learn more about you! I'm not surprised at all to learn you enjoy classic movies - just seems to fit with what I know about you. I'm so sorry about your SIL. I knew you mentioned awhile back at one of my posts about "In Christ Alone" that your family needed prayers. I will now pray for this specific need of healing.
Thank you for sharing a little more of yourself with all of us!
lynn cockrell said…
Jessica, I so appreciate your looking in on me and leaving these sweet comments. Yes, this is the situation I was talking about. As I recall, it was around that time Jimmy was at a point where he could no longer tolerate the 4 weeks on and 2 off of the chemo. It was literally killing him and they took him off.During that break, the tumors began to come back and spread. It appeared it would have no further options. The doctors have now agreed that if he can tolerate it every other day. So far, he has been able to do so and it is our prayer that when he is scanned later this month, things will have, at least, remained stable. Oh, Jessica, we do so appreciate your prayers, more than anything. God has already done miracles. When his brain tumor was discovered, he was stumbling and walking in to walls and not able to communicate normally. He has always been such an active and jovial person. I had literally begged God to allow him to, once again, be able to function as the husband and father he had been. When he woke up from brain surgery, God had answered my prayers!
Erika said…
Dear Lynn,
let me say thank you for all your kind words and meaning about my blog. It is a pleasure to count you as a follower :)
I have to translate all your answers from this award, so I can better understand, because my english has to grow. So I wish you a beautiful week and creative times. Stay healthy and finde!
Hugs and love
Erika
lynn cockrell said…
Erika, I am very happy that you dropped by to my little blog world.Thank you for your kind comments. It amazes me to see the different ways in which other bloggers express their artistic talents. Your blog is an illustration of how diverse, yet so much the same, we all are. We each express ourselves in our own way and that is what makes this world such a wonderfully colorful and interesting place to live. I understand about the "translation" element, because the translation does not always come out exactly as we intend, but we do get a general idea of the original intention. Have a beautiful day!
Anonymous said…
It's fantastic that you are getting ideas from this piece of writing as well as from our discussion made here.

my web page; bmi chart male

Popular posts from this blog

More From Biltmore House and Gardens Fashionable Romance Wedding Gowns in Film Collection

How to Make and Use a Stencil Using Cricut Expression

Costumes From' "Fashionable Romance Wedding Gowns in Film Exhibition" at Biltmore House