Update-Pay it Forward(It's Not Too Late -A Free Gift Is Waiting)

I'm updating this post, which I first wrote on February 5, 2013. I have created some pretty things to send to five bloggers who wish to participate in Pay It Forward. So far, I have had only two bloggers sign up and I am getting ready to send out their gifts very soon. I will be posting about them, once I know they've received their gift. It would make me very happy to be able to send out three more gifts, because it gives me great joy to give pretty hand-made things to other people. I have had so much fun with my own blog and connecting with other wonderful bloggers to share ideas about sewing, cooking, decorating, travel and other things. Even more so, I love to read what they are posting about all around the world. I have gotten so many fabulous ideas from so many of you. It's not too late and there is a gift just begging to be sent out to you!




I signed up to take part in something called Pay it Forward over at  Around the Homestead, http://www.aroundthehomestead.blogspot.com because it involves several things I love to do--meeting people, making handmade creations and giving to others. It sounds like a win-win situation to me and a lot of fun, as well.

It works like this:

The first 5 people to comment on this post and leave their email and blog address will receive from me, sometime in 2013, a small gift that will be  handmade by me. It may be something different for each of the 5 people, because anyone who knows me knows that I fill the drive to create in many ways. Who knows what you might wind up with. After I am certain the recipient has received the gift, then I will post about it in my blog. It says below that there is a "catch," but really is not a catch if you enjoy making and giving nice things as much as I do.

Here is the catch:

These 5 people must make the same offer on their blog!

If you would like to participate, please do the following:


  1. Leave a comment  on this post.
  2. Leave your e-mail address in your comment so that I can contact you to get the address where you would like to have me mail your surprise package, sometime in 2013.
Then, make the same offer on your blog to Pay it Forward.

Sounds like fun! I can't wait to find out who the first 5 comments are from.

Comments

Burlap Luxe said…
Lynn,
This is a beautiful way to pay it forward, sometimes I just send a little something I have created to a blog friend unexpected to them and there joy is all worth the gifting. It truly shows a profound love for making someone's heart fill with joy.

I hope this works for you, it's truly a beautiful way to pass on some love.

Loved that you were able to visit me in hopes that I too have paid it forward with some inspiration to you.

A month of hugs, hearts, and kisses to you.
Xoxo
Doré
lynn cockrell said…
Dore, I am so glad that you visited my blog and left a comment. It will give me such pleasure to create something for you. I am sure you understand that creating and giving gives me so much joy. Your blog is one of my favorites and it is always a treat to visit you there and to behold all the lovely things that you create. I have also visited your Etsy shop and find that it just as lovely as your blog.

Bless, you!
SuZeQ said…
I am here due to Vicki's Grow Your Blog endeavor. I am finally getting around to visiting all the blogs and came across yours. I would love to pay it forward except that I have no blog. It's a great idea though ... have fun with it!
kosec@sbcglobal.net
lynn cockrell said…
Thanks for visiting my little blog. It is good hearing from you. As you probably noticed, I am a new blogger myself. I've visited around the blogs of others and left comments for years. I have had a desire to start my own and finally decided to jump in. I have had others tell me they would like to participate(including my best friend)but they do not have a blog either. I hope you will still visit me, when possible, as I love hearing from folks!
Hi Lynn...it's such a great idea! I love it...and already started it on my blog. You've got a very nice place here...and I found a nice and cosy corner in your "followers- corner". Only one thing:
I'm from Germany...is this ok for you to send "snail- mail"?
Warmest regards
Ines- E. Blumenstengel
lynn cockrell said…
Dear Eusebia, I am delighted that you found my little blog, Mimi Mine, and am so excited that you have decided to participate in my Pay It Forward endeavor! I just came from visiting your beautiful blog and just love your "angel fairy" dolls and all the pretty wool, crochet designs you have posted about. My email address is mimilynn01@gmail.com. If you haven't been able to connect that way to give me your snail-mail address, maybe you will be able to get to me now. I have been told by other people that it is not easy to reach me through google+. I haven't figured out yet what is going on with that. If you can't reach me by email, let me know and I will try to connect somehow. You probably don't want to leave your mailing address on my blog comments, and I definitely understand that. We will figure something out.
I can't wait to get started in making your gift! Thank you so much for stopping by. I am so happy to meet you and am going to hop back over to your blog to sign up to follow you. Bless you, Lynn

Popular posts from this blog

More From Biltmore House and Gardens Fashionable Romance Wedding Gowns in Film Collection

How to Make and Use a Stencil Using Cricut Expression

Costumes From' "Fashionable Romance Wedding Gowns in Film Exhibition" at Biltmore House