Drop Cloth Chair Slipcover



This chair was purchased by my husband and I over thirty years ago when our youngest daughter was just a toddler. It is upholstered in velvet velour fabric from the late 70's. The frame, padding and cushion are all still in good condition so when my daughter wanted a nice, comfortable chair to create a reading nook in her master bedroom. I have made slipcovers in the past and thought this would be a good candidate for a slip. I started searching for some good ideas and was inspired when I checked in with missmustardseed.com and saw the great ways she was using paint drop cloths to make slipcovers. A trip to Home Depot netted a pack of 2 for around $10. Talk about a great buy! Most of the fabric in the drop cloths were used on this project, but a lot of tearing of cloth, fitting, tweaking and sewing resulted in the chair cover you now see. My sweet baby daughter loves it.

Comments

Beautiful! I wish I was talented enough to make slipcovers. It looks great!
lynn cockrell said…
Thanks for visiting! Your home is beautiful and has the look I love--light and airy with a lot of country french.
Vicki Boster said…
Lynn-
I just added your blog to the Grow your Blog party post- so you are all set. Updates are on my blog - see you on the 19th

Vicki
Hi Lynn,
You did a nice job! I like the ruffle at the bottom and the pretty buttons. I'm sure your daughter will think of you whenever she sits in it to read. Also - I like your new pink blog background!
Jessica

Popular posts from this blog

More From Biltmore House and Gardens Fashionable Romance Wedding Gowns in Film Collection

How to Make and Use a Stencil Using Cricut Expression

Costumes From' "Fashionable Romance Wedding Gowns in Film Exhibition" at Biltmore House